Tuesday, July 20, 2010

The Pear Neccessities

Over the last couple of years I have learned how to cook. I love it, but I don't have the chance to do it often.  However, after a successful vegetable lasagna last night, I have decided that this week I am going to try a new culinary adventure: Pear, Gorgonzola and Caramelized Onion Pizza. 

Pears aren't a fruit I often eat, but I love the look of them. And once I do have one I always think, "why don't I eat this more often?"  As you can probably already tell, today's post is about pears.


If you're not going to eat them, might as well wear them! Cathy at la prochaine fois makes these incredible dried fruit rings. 


Searching for something a little less frilly? Ash Hilton makes this modern, chic Pear Ring.


The steel base of Yanko Designs' Pear Tree Lamp charges three pear lights that can be picked off and stay illuminated for an hour before "running out of juice." Place them back on the tree to recharge.


 
Too cool to juice -these Buddha Pears (for sale in the UK and China) were created by a Chinese farmer. Read more about it at Just Cool Design.

And finally....

Just about the best chair I have ever seen:

 
The Prickly Pear Cactus Chair by Valentina Glez Wohlers




Follow me on Twitter: www.Twitter.com/EmilyontheAve


No comments:

Post a Comment