Friday, July 9, 2010

Mmmmmm Yummy Art

Today is Art-Full Friday and maybe I am just hungry, but I am obsessed this morning with Food Art. The ways that people manage to take random pieces of food and shape it into something beautiful and fascinating is incredible. Hope you enjoy!

Sushi Pandas! Leafar on Flickr featured this adorable Bento Box art display.


You may have seen this before. Carl Warner is quite a famous food artist. Every item in this piece is edible. Can you imagine the patience this took!? Photo courtesy of Designioustimes.

Also from Designioustimes, Saxton Freymann creates food art for children's books.  Here is one of my favorites:


An all natural spa treatment:

Toxel.com has an awe inspiring collection of Bento Box art and food art.  This one is my favorite because the cucumbers on her eyes make me laugh. 


 
Can you imagine how long this took to carve? Sasthamcotta.com has a huge array of images highlighting these intricately crafted fruit art pieces. 

 
Soooo cute.  The Cool Amazing Art Blog has so many cool food art pieces. The birds above delight me but my ultimate fave is next!


One of my all time favorite books is the Little Prince so this piece just makes me smile. 


A sexy bite of food by artist Edith Zimmerman. Photo Courtesy of Buzz Feed.

And finally....

It may not be made of food, but this can art Cobra by Canstruction is amazing.  It took about 8 weeks to build and all the food was donated to local food banks and homeless shelters when the installation was taken down.

Photo courtesy of My Modern Met.



Follow me on Twitter: www.Twitter.com/EmilyontheAve



No comments:

Post a Comment