Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Crazy for Crochet?

I have been going back and forth about doing a post on crochet because it reminds me of a grandma- not my grandma, she likes gossip and cards and wine and has never had the patience to handcraft anything - but someone's grandmother. 

Lately I have been seeing crochet everywhere though and a lot of it is beginning to appeal to me. I like the homespun look, the chic crafty feel and the fact that it can be formed into almost anything.  So with only a little trepidation, here we go:

Words cannot describe how gorgeous I think this necklace is. Every piece on Big Frozen Melon makes my heart melt. I have a birthday coming up in case anyone was interested.....lol...


Who knew a weapon could be so pretty? I want to buy them just to keep them on an end table. 
Photo courtesy of Ingar Carina.


Just the fact that this crocheted crab exists makes me happy.  Thank you Joana Vasconcelos!


This tank by Covet as seen on Living gwg is unbelievably sexy. Perfect for a sultry summer night out.


For the dork...I mean man in your life...the Mega Man Crochet Helmet by Jenny Dork.


Such a lovely hat for a lovely little girl by Sadie Bear Accessories. The color combo and style is spot-on.


Low-carb dieters can now have their bread and cuddle it too. And he is even Whole Wheat!
Mr. Toastee from Yummy Pancakes on Etsy.

And finally, if nothing else had tickeled my fancy, I could always turn to one of my new favorite reads - the awesome blog, "What Not To Crochet"

 

 






No comments:

Post a Comment