Wednesday, April 14, 2010

What Do Vegans Do For A Third Anniversary?

If you follow the traditional gift guides for wedding anniversaries - the third anniversary is leather (I fear Martha Stewart would be upset if I followed the modern guide, lol).  Putting aside all kinky items, wallets, belts and briefcases, I was able to find some incredible leather gifts for men and women.

Here, in no particular order, are my Top Ten Leather Finds of the Day. 


Ok, I know I said no briefcases, but this is an incredible laptop bag that defies categories.  2UNFOLD works as a briefcase, shoulder bag, safecase, rucksack, leather courier, canvas courier (it's reversible), leather cluth or canvas clutch.  It is gender neutral and holds laptops up to 17" vertically and 13" horizontally. It is also $483 and currently sold out, but will begin taking orders on April 19th so get ready!

Who doesn't love to give a gift they can share?

Looking for a gift for us both, I stumbled upon what I first thought were leather rocks....
This funky piece which I absolutely want to lounge on right this very instant is actually the Tantisassi Leather Designer Sofa from Italian furniture maker Rossi di Albizzate.   


Even if the Tantisassi is out of my price range, my house can still smell like an expensive sofa or lounge chair.....which apparently men who play guitar really dig.  My husband does play and does love the smell of a new car....so maybe Colonial Candle is on to something.


I also looked into leather guitar straps. Leather Smith Designs makes gorgeous custom straps with designs or words of your choice embossed. It is a cool idea and they do fantastic work, but "Big Dog" in the photo below from their web site, cracks me up....

.

 
True happiness can come in many shapes and sizes, and for me it comes in a large bouquet of polka dot lillies from BD Leather Designs on Etsy.  Made of leather and available as a super oversized single flower or a smaller bouquet of three, these just make me smile.



Talking about things that make me smile - I can't resist a happy giraffe. Especially when he is protecting my phone. Squirellicious on Etsy has happy giraffes in many colors, but for me the sweetest was in white.



I do love most animals but I hate ostriches. They are evil creatures who attack without being provoked. They have tiny brains and huge pointed beaks and they are the closest living relative to the T-Rex. I have also been attacked by ostriches twice in my life and so I am very happy when they are turned into purses and furniture and other goods. This chair from the Ostrich Emporium in South Africa is a chic, art-deco example of prime ostrich usage.


You always hear that love conquers all things (including ostriches), and I can believe that.... but after three years of marriage and nine years together, I think Michelle Verbeek's bracelet speaks the truth...



Do you know what else I believe conquers all things? The perfect pair of shoes. Nothing can make a woman feel more powerful and in-charge than a great pair of heels. Sure, there are a million leather shoes to choose from (and some amazing vegan lines as well!), but my favorite has always been the pin-up styles by Fluevog. (They do have men's shoes too!) 

Operettas / Malibran in Turquoise


Don't let your feet get all the attention. Maskmaker and artist Tom Banwell creates masks that are part Eyes Wide Shut, part chic masquerade party and part Shakespeare's A Midsummer Nights Dream come to life. They are also completely breathtaking.







Happy Anniversary to my husband, I love you! (and P.S.Your gift is NOT listed on here...ooh sneaky...)
See you all tomorrow....

No comments:

Post a Comment