Friday, April 23, 2010

My Art-Full Life - Home Decor

I love decorating and I love being crafty. Sometimes the two combine.  In honor of Friday's Living the Art-Full Life posts, I thought I would share with you some of the artsy-crafty goodness that I have been working on in our house:

This was a dark wood, vintage credenza style record player that was all busted up, but the player still worked.  Got it at a garage sale for $20 and created this:
 






Guitar Picks cover the two outer panels

Still working on the side piece. Not quite sure what I plan to do yet!


I also worked on creating a stained glass looking creation on my TV stand.  It is actually just black paint on the outside glass and colored glass painted inside to create the stained glass effect.



An old IKEA lamp became the perfect place to use all the leftover glass bead pieces I have been making over the years.



And below is what may become the newest addition to my site http://www.prettyusefulstuff.com/.  Just need to finish it and decide if I like it as a card or a print:


Are YOU living the Art-Full Life? Tell us all about it - we'd love to feature you and your work!


No comments:

Post a Comment